MICHIGAN CITY | American Lung Association Freedom from Smoking classes will be offered at Woodland Cancer Care Center in November (Lung Cancer Awareness Month) and December.
The center’s Katy Quigley-Gartland, RN, MPH, will facilitate the sessions, which will run from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 11, 18 and 25 and Dec. 2, 4, 9 and 16.
Topics will include:
* Medicines that can aid in smoking cessation.
* Lifestyle changes that can help make quitting smoking easier.
* Preparing for “Quit Day.”
* Managing stress.
* Avoiding weight gain.
* Developing a new self-image.
* Staying smoking-free for good.
Cost per session is $60.
Registration and more information are available by calling (800) 931-3322.
Woodland Cancer Care Center, which is under the auspices of Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Michigan City, is located at 8955 W. 400 North.
- #HealthTip of the Day: Driving Safely at Night ow.ly/Dz4RS 11 hours ago
- Women Often Ignore Signs of #Heart Trouble ow.ly/Dz7Fy #womenshealth 16 hours ago
- #Stroke Prevention Guidelines Emphasize Healthy Lifestyle ow.ly/Dz4JZ #WorldStrokeDay 19 hours ago
- One patient’s fast recognition of symptoms leads to successful #stroke treatment ow.ly/DvTcN #WorldStrokeDay 1 day ago
- In honor of #WorldStrokeDay, we want to teach you how to recognize the warning signs of a stroke so you can get... fb.me/3quoxeQBA 1 day ago