VALPARAISO | A program titled, “Prevention and Management of Lymphedema,” offered by the Breast Care Center of Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, will be hosted by Isabella Boutique by Gil Drugs at 1 p.m. Sept. 23.
Participants will learn how:
* Lymphedema can occur at any time following lymph node dissection.
* Simple lifestyle changes can help prevent onset of lymphedema.
* Lymphedema can be controlled through self-management techniques.
The program will be presented by Lorraine Skolak, PTA, CLT, a nationally certified lymphedema therapist; and Joan Filipowski, Franciscan St. Anthony Health patient nurse navigator.
Seating is limited; registration is required. Call (219) 757-6368.
Isabella Boutique by Gil Drugs is located at 58 Lincolnway.
- #HealthTip of the Day: A Good Night's Sleep May Mean a Good Day's Work ow.ly/BvIID 12 hours ago
- I posted 25 photos on Facebook in the album "2014 Lake County Heart Walk" fb.me/3Yy4GGZro 16 hours ago
- PLEASE ADVISE: Due to a recent increase in respiratory illness in our area, Franciscan St. Anthony Health - Crown... fb.me/2XBhFVyyp 19 hours ago
- #Cancer By The Numbers: What are the most common types of cancer? ow.ly/BvZx7 20 hours ago
- Franciscan Alliance, St. John Evangelist School Offering Family Health Fair September 20 valpolife.com/45619 via @ValpoLife 21 hours ago