Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day! It gets your metabolism jump started first thing in the morning after a long period of rest. Many people skip breakfast because they don’t know what to eat or don’t make the time for it.
Here are some ideas for quick “grab and go” items. My rule is to start the day out with some lean protein and fiber.
- Light yogurt with 1/4 cup low fat granola and 1 piece of fruit
- 1 whole wheat Bagel Thin with 2 tbsp peanut butter, glass of milk and banana
- 1 cup oatmeal with handful of walnuts
- 2 wheat waffles with honey and peanut butter, 1 cup milk
- Protein bar and 1 piece of fruit